Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Backseat Pundits
Action: Increasing sponsorship awareness across Europe
Fuse has been a proud agency partner for Enterprise Rent-A-Car since 2015, having supported them with their Global strategy and activation of their UEFA Europa League sponsorship to date. For the 2017/18 season, Fuse, in partnership with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, was tasked with increasingly brand awareness across Europe – specifically across Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s corporate markets in France, Germany, Spain and the UK.
Create: Owning fans’ journeys to the UEFA Europa League
Built on in-depth research and insights, we defined a new positioning for Enterprise Rent-A-Car around owning the journey to and from UEFA Europa League matches. From this, we developed and delivered a dynamic pan-European campaign: Backseat Pundits.
The Backseat Pundits campaign brought Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s award-winning customer service to football fans across Europe by transforming fan journeys to UEFA Europa League matches with a unique fan experience.
Starring football icons Robert Pires, Marcel Desailly and Christian Ziege, fans across Europe were able to substitute their know-it-all football friend, football’s own version of a ‘backseat driver’, with a European football legend, where they gained exclusive insights into the match ahead.
Run in partnership with Goal.com, the prize also included:
- A pair of VIP tickets to a match
- Hotel accommodation
- A chauffeur driven transfer from hotel to stadium
- Pitch side walk pre-kick-off
- Access to the post-match press conference with the managers
To launch the competition, we worked closely with Goal Studios to create a suite of promotional video content with our football stars, which was tactically seeded, alongside PR interviews with the football stars, to thousands of fans and media across Europe. We also captured the winning fans’ experiences that were shared across Goal.com, UEFA, talent and Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s social channels at key moments throughout the season for maximum impact.
Impact: 15% increase in brand awareness
- +13 million views of Backseat Pundits video content across Europe
- 71 branded PR articles generated with 3.4 billion opportunities to see
- +500,000 engagements generated on Goal.com and UEFA social channels
- Average dwell time of 2 minutes 59 seconds across five international markets
- Shortlisted for International Campaign of the Year at the 2019 Sport Industry Awards